Water Heater Repair & Replacement in Weymouth
Expert South Shore Water Heater Services
At Pilgrim Plumbing & Heating, we understand that your water heater is essential for your comfort and safety. When your water heater fails, there’s no question that you need prompt, comprehensive service to get it back up and running as soon as possible. From simple repairs and routine maintenance services to complete water heater replacements and tankless upgrades, you can count on our experienced plumbers for a quality job at a fair price.
Why Choose Us?
- Licensed & insured technicians
- Quality workmanship & products
- On-time service every time
- Highly reviewed by many satisfied customers
Call (781) 253-2055 to schedule a water heater repair or replacement service in Weymouth or anywhere in the South Shore area!
When to Call for Water Heater Repair
Tank water heaters have a service life of around 8 to 10 years on average, and it’s not uncommon for them to need to be repaired at least once during that timespan. It is unusual for a water heater to suddenly break down completely; usually symptoms will begin to present themselves that warn that a problem needs to be addressed. It’s important to know what to look out for so that you can call for service as soon as possible. The longer you wait to fix your water heater, the worse the problem can potentially become, so don’t delay in calling a professional at the first sign of a malfunction.
Call our Weymouth water heater repair experts today if you’re experiencing any of the following problems:
- No hot water
- Lukewarm water that never gets hot enough
- Hot water runs out too quickly
- Water heater tank is leaking
- Water heater pilot light won’t stay lit
- Hot water is discolored or smells bad
- Water heater is making unusual rumbling noises
Why Don’t I Have Any Hot Water?
A complete loss of hot water can be a real inconvenience and it makes perfect sense that you want to troubleshoot and resolve this issue as soon as possible. While calling a water heater service technician is the best and fastest way to restore your hot water, there are a few things the handy homeowner can check.
Common causes of hot water loss:
- Interruption to power supply. If your electric water heater has stopped working, check your service panel - has the circuit breaker connected to your water heater tripped? If so, reset it. If you have a gas water heater, check your gas supply line - if it has been shut, open it. Do you smell gas that would indicate a gas line leak? Immediately shut off your gas supply line and call for repairs ASAP.
- No pilot light. Your gas water heater’s pilot light must always stay lit - if it goes out, combustion cannot take place and heat will not be produced. If you have your water heater’s instruction manual, follow the instructions carefully to re-light the pilot light. If you do not feel comfortable doing this, a water heater technician can help you. If the pilot light won’t stay lit, you may have a faulty thermocouple.
- Faulty heating element. If you have an electric water heater, your loss of hot water may be related to a heating element that needs to be replaced. If your water heater is on the older side, however, it may be more cost-effective to simply replace it.
- Faulty thermostat. If the thermostat on your water heater is broken, you’re going to have problems with your hot water supply. In some cases it makes sense to replace a faulty thermostat, but replacing your water heater may be the right call if your unit is already nearing the end of its service life.
- Water heater isn’t large enough. If it seems like you constantly run out of hot water, your water heater may not be the right size for your household’s needs. For example, if you have a family of five and every member showers in the morning, your hot water supply may be all used up by the time you go to wash the dishes or do laundry, and it may take a couple of hours before a new tank of hot water is ready for use.
Weymouth Water Heater Replacement
Need a new water heater? Now is a great time to consider upgrading to a tankless water heater. These units do cost more upfront than tank water heaters, but they are far more energy efficient and are longer lasting, so they will pay for themselves over time. Rebates and credits for installing an environmentally-friendly water heater can also offset the initial cost.
If tankless isn’t the right option for your hot water needs or you’re looking for a more economical option, we also offer high-quality tank water heaters to fit every need. No matter what type of water heater you choose, you can be assured that the installation will be completed flawlessly by an experienced technician.
Treating Your Home with Care & Respect
Hot water isn’t just a luxury—it’s a necessity. When you need repair, replacement, or maintenance for the water heater in your South Shore home, turn to the team at Pilgrim Plumbing & Heating. We offer same-day professional service completed by skilled, trained Weymouth water heater technicians. We can walk you through each of your options to determine what is the best fit for your property and your budget. We guarantee we’ll treat both you and your home with the utmost care and respect.
Call our team today or contact us online to schedule a water heater repair or replacement service in Weymouth or the surrounding communities!
Will 100% recommend their services and will use them again!!- Julie B.
- Licensed & Insured Technicians
- Service On Time, Every Time!
- Quality Work Services & Products